Friday, April 11, 2014

When College Students Snapp

Despite it being only two weeks since we were on spring break, I'm seeing a lot of students start to go crazy, and I'm up there with them. Maybe it is the weather, the lack of sleep, or the fact that we are starting to feel the stress as our teachers start giving us more major assignments. None the less the results can be fun to watch.

  1. My roommate was in the middle of complaining how she hated Thursdays when she rolled off her bunk. And kept rolling all the way to the other end of the room, moaning the whole time.
  2. One of my co-workers rushed into our Brit Lit class exclaiming he was so busy he hadn't drank any coffee all day. This is one of the two kids who drank a whole pot of espresso  during a night shift last December (that was an exciting evening). I swear he drinks more coffee than my dad. I was tempted to dare him to go all week without it.
  3. I licked my roommate's arm during class when she hugged my head. Tightly.
  4. Two hours after that, Batman did the same thing. I didn't lick him. I don't think he'd taste as good (and I knew he would freak out if I did).
  5.   My work supervisor gave of permission to close early next Thursday and we are closed for Good Friday on top of not having class. She's as eager to get out as we are.
  6. I read four fiction books in one week. Because I was so stressed about homework I couldn't focus till the last minute. I'm turning into a procrastination queen. Mom, don't kill me.
  7. Everyone is taking advantage of any opportunity to get off campus, even for a few minutes.
  8. Ate two regular boxes of cheez-its and one giant one in under a week. Again cause I'm stressed. No I am not sick of them, and somehow I didn't gain any weight.
  9. Chocolate is vanishing all over campus, and quite a few seniors are jumpy...
  10. The Fire Department didn't show up for my dorm's fire drill.
  11. I tried to play tag with a squirrel this week.
  12. Several students are close to tears with stress, some have even broken down.
  13. Lavender Link is trying to help us use up all our extra crazy by planning a video game night, assuming he doesn't go home this weekend. If he does, he'll come back to find us all gnawing at our desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment