Friday, April 25, 2014

Writing Questions

  After going back through my mother's old blog posts, I found some interesting sets of questions that I wanted to try for myself. I tag my sister to do this next on her blog.

   1. How much writing do you do on average?
As a English major finishing her sophomore year? A lot. A whole lot of papers.

   2. What's the last thing you wrote? 
A two paged short story about a man-eating sunbeam. Dedicated to one of our cats.
 
  3. Is it any good? 
Nope. It still needs a lot of work.
 
  4. What's the first thing you ever wrote that you still have?
The first few chapters of a manuscript I started when I was twelve.

  5. Favorite genre of writing?
Descriptive Fiction. I have too much fun describing things and trying not to use the same adjective on any given page.

  6. How often do you get writer's block?
Did I ever get out of it?

  7. How do you fix it?
Music, midnight walks around campus and sometimes junk food.

  8. Do you save everything you write?
Yep, still have high school essays on my laptop.

  9. How do you feel about revision?
Honestly, I think I spend more time revising and editing than I do actually writing.

10. What's your favorite thing that you've written?
"The Library and the Candle" Took me three years, but I am extremely proud of it.

11. What's everyone else's favorite thing that you've written?
I'm not sure, no one has ever told me. "Hide and Seek" was pretty popular, but not a lot of people read my stuff.

12. What writing projects are you working on right now?
A play over two assassins who adopt their teenage sister after their father dies in a questionable bomb explosion. Final draft is due next Friday. In another class I'm working on a short story that could go fantasy or sci-fi, I haven't quite figured out which.

13. What's one genre you have never written, and probably never will?
Well, I have to write in several genres for classes, but outside of class? Poetry. I detest writing poems. I don't mind reading them, but writing poems has never been my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment