Friday, March 7, 2014

Concert Delights

Last night I had the privilege to see Thousand Foot Krutch and Newsboys at a concert with my brother and our friends. These were a few of the highlights.

  1. My brother (Batman) got out of class early and we were able to head out sooner than we planned.
  2. Quizzed Batman for a theology midterm while he drove (which he nailed this morning)
  3. Drove around for a long time trying to find a parking spot. Ended up parking in a old dimly lit lot by a run down bar in the sketchy part of town.
  4. Had an older man stare at me while we were waiting for the crosswalk light to turn. He complimented my dress in a way that was a little creepy. He then told me that Batman and I looked like a nice newly-wed couple....awkward...
  5. The younger brothers of my video game night partner, nicknamed Lavender Link (don't ask), got to the concert three hours before the doors opened and save spots in line for all of us.
  6. A dear friend from  high school found me and another friend of ours in line and talked with us for an hour or so until he had to go to class. It was nice to see him again, I'd missed that kid and his laugh.
  7. Batman and a few others of us ended up about five rows back from the floor with a good view.
  8. Lavender and his family ended up in the balcony. We had gotten separated when we entered and thought they were behind us. Well they were, and above us.
  9. We started fist pumping each other across the seating during TFK's first song. And sang till we couldn't speak.
  10. Got told by Batman that if I ever became a rock star I'd be like the lady who was one of the opening singers. The scary thing was I could see it.
  11. Found my grandmother in the audience and got to talk to her for a while.
  12. Had an old issue come back, still trying to walk away from it with the help of Batman and a few others.
  13. Despite our concern, the car was not stolen and we made it back to campus half an hour before they locked the gates.
Sleep was another story. Today Batman and I have marked off tonight as our sleeping time. Assuming we can make it through the rest of our classes and work. It was so worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment