Monday, September 27, 2010

Homework

Though I am grateful to have a study guide, I don't want to use it. I want to dive into a world all my own. A place where fairies play in the backyard, and nymphs splash in the creek. Dryads melt in and out of trees while elves wander through the ancient branches of the woods. A place where dragons hide their hoards under the rolling hills and hobbits tend to their gardens. I want to see dwarves metal working in the barn and unicorns running across the fields. I want to travel Middle Earth, walk with Aslan through the forests of Narnia. I want to fly to Neverland and battle pirates with the Lost Boys. Wander through Sherwood Forest whilst clad in green, and talk to giant snow leopards. I want to ride through the air on the back of a dragon. To enter a world where my close friends and I can save the kingdom from a tyrant and help place the rightful king on the throne. I don't want to study for this test, but I will, because I must. I will try to stay focus and not slip off to my fantasy world, though I long for the days I didn't have to be so grown up.

2 comments:

  1. That is the truth! I want to play and be a free child with algae on her hand and sun in her hair again!

    ReplyDelete